Township Hall Located at, 1515 N Huron Rd, Tawas City, MI 48763
+1 (989) 362-8441

Building Permits

(989) 362-8441

Created with Sketch.

[et_pb_section bb_built=”1″ admin_label=”section”][et_pb_row admin_label=”row”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″][et_pb_text admin_label=”Building Permit” background_layout=”light” text_orientation=”left” use_border_color=”off” border_color=”#ffffff” border_style=”solid”]




The following steps must be taken:

1. Contact the Zoning Administration or Township Hall for a Land Use Permit. When completed, the Zoning Administration will determine if your project conforms to he Township Zoning Ordinances and give further guidance on your project.

2. When building a new home, and also with some additions, a Septic Permit will be required. You will get this from the Arenac County Health Department.

3. The Zoning Administrator will determine if you need a Soil Erosion Permit, (from the Arenac Building Dept.). After you have all the proper permits the Zoning Administrator will issue you a Land Use Permit and an application for a Building Permit.

4. You must then obtain a Building Permit from the Arenac County Building Department, located in the County Building in Standish.

[/et_pb_text][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][/et_pb_section][et_pb_section bb_built=”1″ admin_label=”Section” fullwidth=”on” specialty=”off”][et_pb_fullwidth_image admin_label=”Fullwidth Image” src=”” show_in_lightbox=”off” url_new_window=”off” use_overlay=”off” animation=”off” use_border_color=”off” border_color=”#ffffff” border_style=”solid”]