Township Assessor ~ Jessica Landry, MAAO
The Assessing Department is responsible for identifying and valuing all taxable real and personal property within a City or Township for the equitable distribution of the property tax burden in accordance with Michigan’s General Property Tax Act and other applicable statutes.
In addition, the Assessing Department is responsible for
- Maintaining property record cards for each parcel within the unit. These records include legal descriptions, land values, land improvements, building information, building values, exemption status, zoning information, etc.
- Creating and maintaining an Assessment Roll annually.
- Maintenance of all sales transactions on both vacant and improved properties; identifying and recording all new ownerships, processing related Property Transfer Affidavits, Homeowner’s Principal Residence Exemptions and Requests to Rescind.
- Establishing land values and economic condition factors throughout the township annually.
- Field inspections of all new construction projects and updating the property record cards accordingly.
- Land Division requests and processing.
- Periodic inspections of all real property parcels.
- Defending appeals to the Michigan Tax Tribunal.